Are you teaching your students about growth mindset? The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes by Mark Pett and Gary Rubinstein is a perfect picture book for teachers who want to provide fun instruction on the role of failure and/or making mistakes in growth mindset and fixed mindset perspectives.
Conceptually, these ideas are perfect for any level, but this literature unit was created with 2nd-6th graders in mind (2nd graders may need extra support with some of the activities).
You will find the following activities in this literature unit for The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes:
- Discussion questions in 1/2 sheet task card form as well as list form (13 questions over 2 pages)
- Discussion questions answer sheet
- Compare and Contrast
- Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset (using mistakes as a framework)
- Too Much Pressure (students reflect on pressure they might feel)
- What Can You Learn From Mistakes?
- Got Mistakes? (brainstorming different types of mistakes students have made)
- Perseverance (a look at famous people who have failed and/or made multiple mistakes along the way)
- A Week of Purposeful Mistakes...
- When You Feel Worried (steps for helping)
- 5 full-color posters with quotes about mistakes
- 5 corresponding black and white quotes posters
PLEASE NOTE: Since the questions and activities are opinion and experience based, there are NO answer keys.
Are you interested in a GROWTH MINDSET PICTURE BOOK BUNDLE that includes the following books?
YOUR FANTASTIC ELASTIC BRAIN
THE GIRL WHO NEVER MADE MISTAKES
BEAUTIFUL OOPS BY BARNEY SALTZBERG
CLICK HERE: GROWTH MINDSET PICTURE BOOK BUNDLE
You may also be interested in the following GROWTH MINDSET products:
GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITIES:
GROWTH MINDSET AFFIRMATIONS POSTERS (with cursive)
GROWTH MINDSET AFFIRMATIONS POSTERS (NO cursive)
GROWTH MINDSET PRIVACY FOLDER OFFICES
GROWTH MINDSET FLIP BOOKS
GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITY BUNDLE:
GROWTH MINDSET BUNDLE: AFFIRMATION POSTERS, FLIP BOOKS, AND PRIVACY FOLDER
GROWTH MINDSET QUOTES BUNDLE:
CHARACTER TRAITS QUOTES BUNDLE (with GROWTH MINDSET)
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you will need to log in) and you’ll see a Provide Feedback
button. Click on it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I strive for perfect feedback and am happy to help you with this growth mindset literature unit. If you have any issues with the product, please give me a chance to fix it prior to leaving feedback. Thanks so much!
♥ ♥ ♥ Please visit my store KIRSTEN TULSIAN
and follow me for new products and freebies! ♥ ♥ ♥