Common Core Aligned. No prep, turnkey "Close Reading" exercises that guide and challenge students to develop thoughtful, critical analysis of three different excerpts from The Giver.
1. The Sled
2. Learning about War
3. The Ceremony of the 12
Unique acronyms provide students with focus and direction in annotating the text to identify and organize literary elements found within the text such as characterization, tone, mood, literary devices, figurative language, motifs, and symbols. Close reading questions worksheets offer formative assessment of students' understanding and comprehension of the text.
If you are interested in other close reading resources or close reading bundles, visit the link below:
Close Reading Resources
This resource includes
1. PPT Lecture: Close Reading Annotations 8 slides
2. Student Notes and Exercises: Close Reading and Annotations.
3. Student Book Marks (Annotation Reminders)
4. 3 Diferent Excerpts: Wide Margin Copy of the Text for annotations
5. Close Reading Questions 2 pages
6. 28 High Quality JPEG Literary Elements Posters
7. 2 High Quality JPEG Literary Annotation Posters
8. Teacher Resources and Lesson Plan.