This is a novel study complete with lesson plans, in-class activities, daily homework assignments, chart examples, writing activities, and final assessment. In 50 pages it is everything you will need to teach Lois Lowry's Newberry Award winning novel! All lessons and activities are correlated with the Common Core standards for reading and writing.
The Giver is recommended for grades 4-8 with an AR level of 5.7, Lexile level of 760L, and a Guided Reading level of Y.
In this novel study you will find:
- Book Synopsis
- 13 Lessons on topics such as visualizing the setting,
symbolism, mood, and point of view
- Homework activities by chapter
- In-class guided practice
- Example charts for each mini-lesson
- Discussions that require higher order thinking skills
- Writing activities
- Final assessment
* You can also purchase the final assessment on its own.