Workbook is a complete novel unit with everything you need to teach by Lois Lowry. It is filled with unique projects, activities, and resources based on Bloom's Taxonomy and higher levels of thinking.
Answer key for comprehension questions is included.
Update: As of July 24, 2020, this bundle includes both the PRINTABLE and the DIGITAL version of the workbook. This digital version is perfect for distance learning and compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom.
This EDITABLE resource is appropriate for grades 6-10 and includes the following activities:
- Workbook template with tabs for organization
- Welcome letter for students
- Sections based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Directions on each page
- 15 bell ringer prompts related to
- Before you read activity
- Comprehension questions for each chapter + answer key
- Vocabulary charts for each chapter
- Chapter illustrations
- The Age Ceremony graphic organizer
- Extended plot structure for
- Characterization flipbook
- The power of color activity (with sensory writing)
- Group think discussion activity
- Compare & contrast societies
- Letter to Gabriel
- The Giver task cards
- The Beauty in Pain activity
- Love is all you need: the great debate activity
- focus lesson
- Identifying themes in graphic organizer
- Figurative language tic-tac-toe
- Rules & regulations: A dystopian society whole-class project
- Ambiguous ending activity
- Memory transfer project & essay
- Celebrate differences bulletin board activity
- The Giver final test
This resource is based on Bloom's Taxonomy-- higher level thinking skills!
Your students will master a variety of skills during this unit including:
-Writing for purpose
-Reading beyond the text
-How to remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate, and create based on the text and materials included
-How to follow along with the text and identify themes, figurative language, and literary elements
-How to identify stereotypes and eliminate bullying
-Mastery of vocabulary terms
-Identify and explain the plot structure of the novel
-Create products for a purpose
Please download the preview for more information. The preview provides images of Workbook in action.
FOR THE DIGITAL, GOOGLE SLIDES VERSION OF THIS RESOURCE, CLICK HERE!
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!