The Giver by Lowis Lowry / The Wall by Peter Sis Lesson Plans Mega Bundle with Interactive Notebook Template Activities with Test Prep.
The Giver by Lowis Lowry / The Wall by Peter Sis Lesson Plans Bundle
★ ☆ ★ This bundle requires absolutely NO PREPARATION!
★ ☆ ★
★ Click on the green preview button above to see what's inside! ★
Lesson Plans Overview:
The Giver/The Wall
Lesson Plan #1: Setting Up Your SS Notebook up for Success
Lesson Plan #2: The Cold War: An Overview
Lesson Plan #3: Compulsory Indoctrination
Lesson Plan #4: The Hungarian Uprising 1956
Lesson Plan #5: The Berlin Wall
Lesson Plan #6: Learning Menu Distribution
Lesson Plan #7: The Secret Police
Lesson Plan #8: The Prague Spring 1968
Lesson Plan #9: The Fall of the Wall
Lesson Plan #10: The Giver: A Review
Lesson Plan #11: 3 TO 1 Giver/Wall Assignment
Lesson Plan #12: Edit/Revise/Publish
Lesson Plan #13: Present Learning Menus/Notebooks
Social Studies Notebook / Folder Checklist and rubric included. In addition, as a bonus, receive our 3-TO-1 Homework and Classwork Assignment activities! Relevant web links are also included.
Thematically Integrated and Common Core Aligned.
The Giver / The Wall Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Activities MEGA Bundle
with interactive web links embedded throughout!
★ ☆ ★ This bundle requires absolutely NO PREPARATION!
★ ☆ ★
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Uncommon Learning: Customized Activities Options
• Pre-selected technology integration interactive websites
• The Giver / The Wall Vocabulary Cards Pocket with 51 pre-made, no-prep cards
• The Giver / The Wall notebook vocabulary fold cards
• The Giver / The Wall Vocabulary Word Work Classwork and omework Actitivies
• The Cold War Accordion Timeline
• Compare and Contrast: The Czech Republic and The United States of America (Venn)
• Compare and contrast Jonas (The Giver) and Peter Sis (The Wall) (Venn)
• Compare and contrast The Giver and any other dystopian book of your choice (Venn)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (The Giver and The Chief Elder)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (The Soviet Union and The United States)
• Say What? English to Russian Play on Words: Create Your Own Picture Dictionary (Envelopes and Cards)
• Informational Diamond Fold Activity
• The Giver / The Wall Euphemisms
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What is the cause and effect of the Cold War?
• Cause and Effect Trifold: Causes and effects of the use of propaganda during the Cold War.
• The Giver / The Wall Important Figures & Characters Pocket with 19 pre-made, no-prep cards
• The Giver / The Wall Compare & Contrast Matrix (1) Jonas from the Giver and the Unknown Protester (Tank Man) from Tiananmen Square 1989 and (2) Hungary in 1956 and Czechoslovakia in 1968
• Enrichment: Famous Figure Spotlight (1) Alexander Dubcek (2) Vaclav Havel
• What would Rosemary say if she could see the actions of Jonas as the new Receiver?
• All About…The Giver Book-Style Flapbook
• Pros & Cons Flip Tab Differentiated Activities
• Political Cartoon Analysis
• Character Trait Fold
• 5-Point Pentagon Foldable: The Berlin Wall (What are some historical facts about The Berlin Wall?)
• The Giver / The Wall: 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
• All About…The Ending to The Giver: Open Interpretation Trapezoid Foldable
• The Cold War Art Focus
• Create Your Own Giver/Giverville Society Flag
• The Giver Pledge
• 4 sides of an event: The Prague Spring Foldable Activity
• Create a travel brochure describing some of the attractions
• Journal entry activity: pretending you were living during the Cold War.
• Journal entry activity: pretending you were a character from the Giver
• What Souvenirs would you take with you if you could visit the Czechoslovakia that Peter Sis grew up in? What would they be? ?
• Compare and Contrast: Berlin: Then and Now
• 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
Common Core aligned thematic unit; 89 engaging pages.
The Cold War Cross Czech The Story of the Stastny Brothers ELA Informational Text Test Prep Passage
Perfect for a whole-unit review with in-depth, higher order thinking questions practice for state tests -- or as a complete unit review assessment with no prep!
Test Prep, Common Core aligned, 14 pages.
Answer Key included.
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
Receive TPT credit to use on future purchases!
• Go to your 'My Purchases' page. Beside each of your purchases, click the 'Provide Feedback' button. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and valued!.
• For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit
• Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases.
To redeem credits: Once you've earned at least 20 credits, you'll see the option to apply credits at checkout.
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
Take advantage of our other no-prep bundles:
★ Ancient River Valley Civilizations Lessons & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ Brazil Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ The 3 Branches of Government Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ Immigration: Then and Now Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ The Spanish American War Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ NYC 5 Boroughs SUPER MEGA Lesson Plan and Interactive Notebook Bundle
★ Mexico Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook Mega Bundle
★ Symbols of America Lesson Plan Bundle & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ China Unit Lessons and Interactive Notebook Mega Bundle
★ The Old West Pioneers MEGA Lesson Plan Bundle w/ Interactive Notebook Activities
© DynamicDuo101, 2016