The Independent Scholar presents a christian based unit study guide for the book "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. This Study includes:
- Reading comprehension questions
- Spelling/Vocabulary words
- Bible verses relevant to the story
- Many projects to choose from, including science, art, history, cooking, writing and more!
Each Independent Scholar study guide incorporates cultural themes and character traits that are relevant to the book being studied. This study guide focuses on:
- Sameness (where a few decide for all what the best way of life is.)
- Lies vs. truth
- Rules/laws, and why they are put into place (what makes laws good or bad.)
- Society (how we should treat others regardless of class, gender, race, or age.)
- This Study is a good starting point for further historical study of Nazi Germany, Civil Rights Movement, and Jim Crow Laws.
This unit study guide is great for both individual and group use! It uses an easy lesson format that can be modified to fit all scheduling needs.
Study guide is 66 pages.
Answer guide is 23 pages.