I fully designed this unit for my personal middle school ELA classroom. I designed it with several things in mind. First, I would always rather overplan than underplan. This means that this unit has more materials in it then I would probably use due to deadlines and time constraints. However, in a perfect world, I would love to use it all! Secondly, this unit uses both resources I have personally developed, as well as provides links to outside resources. I have carefully read and reviewed all resources in order to develop appropriate middle school level learning targets and to develop corresponding activities to better help my students understand and process particular texts. I take no credit for outside resources. I simply link you to them and save you lots of time and research with this unit. Third, these unit can be copied and pasted onto your webpage/wiki, or the PDF can be uploaded/copied and pasted online in order to provide a mostly paperless classroom! I love this feature and feel this is where the future is going as far as classroom resources. Lastly, these units are thematic and fun. I have carefully thought them out, spent hours planning and considering my choices, and am simply offering them to you to save you time and allow you into the mind of a long time educator. I know how to differentiate my classroom and teach to the highest and lowest of students. These units will provide the flexibility to do that.
I wish you luck in your school year and hope you find this unit to be wonderful, fun, and a total time saver that makes you look like the rockstar teacher that you are! Modify the unit to fit your class, your students, and your personal needs!
Within this Thematic Novel Unit Your Will Find:
• Novel Resources (direct links)
• 4 Paired Passages and Corresponding Activities (i.e. Chat Stations, Micro Debates)
• Writing Activities and Prompts
• Novel vs. Film Activity & Comparative Essay
• Learning Targets for ALL Lessons
• Standard Labeled Activities
• Online Resources Such As: Videos, Games, Vocabulary Prep., & Other Related Items
• Middle School Menagerie and More Designed Resources AND Links to Outside Resources
NOTE: Don't be fooled by the "6" pages. Remember... this unit links you to all the resources you need.
Included in This Unit
• The Giver: Argumentative Essay
• and more!
FULLY THEMATIC "ZERO PREP" UNITS:
• Inside Out and Back Again Thematic Unit
• Dracula Thematic Unit
• A Christmas Carol Thematic Unit
•The Giver Thematic Unit
STAY TUNED: These units will continue to be built upon. I will notify buyers of updates.