The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! Also, the bookmarks come in both a color and black-and-white version.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my THE GIVER synonym/antonym crossword, which can be found in the product list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my THE GIVER Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. The puzzle can be found in the product list below.
USE ALL THREE PRODUCTS TOGETHER TO REINFORCE MEANING!
MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITIONS OF BOOKMARKS PLUS:
* Across Five Aprils
* Anne Frank Remembered
* As I Lay Dying
* The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
* The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
* The Diary of a Young Girl
* Ender’s Game
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!
* The Hunger Games
* Johnny Tremain
* The Light in the Forest
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* My Side of the Mountain
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders—FREE!
* The Pearl
* The Pigman
* Romeo and Juliet
* The Slave Dancer
* The Witch of Blackbird Pond
* Walk Two Moons
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Also take a look at my new LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER products based on my years “in the trenches”--great writing lessons!
Here are my unique products over THE GIVER. View all 13 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE GIVER edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• THE GIVER Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 204 questions!
• THE GIVER: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword--Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Giver edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Giver Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE GIVER: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword--Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE GIVER: 8 Word Searches Based on the Novel—8 Different Categories! Categories: Poor Asher!; Life in the Community; Places to Go; Little Gabriel; Careers; Characters; Pleasant Memories; The Range of Jonas’s Feelings
• THE GIVER: 12 Cryptogram Puzzles—Encoded Quotations from the Book! Students decode thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE GIVER: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE GIVER: Completing Quotations Crossword Students use their knowledge of the story and of language to complete these quotations from the book.
• THE GIVER: 10 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Characters; Careers; Animals; Lily-billy; The Community; Release; Jonas the Receiver; Rules and Rituals; Ceremonies; Father and Mother
• THE GIVER: Identifying Characters by Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling skills to solve these fun puzzles!
• THE GIVER: 2 Challenging Words Crosswords—Good Vocab Review! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE GIVER: 2 Reading-for-Detail-Crosswords—Good Objective Review! Great reviews for objective tests!
• THE GIVER: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!