Looking for a fun way to top off your THE GIVER unit? ThemeQuotes Trivia Games are just what you need!
What is a ThemeQuote?
A ThemeQuote is a thought-provoking, value-promoting quotation that relates to a theme of a work of literature. ThemeQuotes are authored by great minds such as Gandhi, Anne Frank, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Amy Tan, Nietzsche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games link famous quotations to the themes of the literature you teach!
Designed specifically for classroom use, ThemeQuotes Trivia Games combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune™ with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit™.
Students might be asked to:
* answer questions about the author
* answer multiple choice, true/false, and open-ended questions based on the book
* answer questions that are related to the content of the book
* locate grammatical errors in dialogue
* translate idioms or dialectical phrases
* define, spell, or pronounce challenging words
* complete examples of figurative language
* unscramble anagrams or word merges
* and so much more!
Students have fun while being exposed to great thinkers!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students’ understanding of theme
* challenge students’ reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
* are just plain fun!
FYI: Some of the questions go beyond the book, but that's the fun of the game. Such questions, which are usually presented in multiple-choice format, require students to rely on their past experiences and their critical thinking skills to select the correct answer of the three choice provided. It's a fun way to learn something new! Check out the preview for examples!
The Giver edition includes:
* over 200 trivia questions
* 16 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzle masters
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE FOR SAMPLE TRIVIA QUESTIONS AND THEMEQUOTE PUZZLE!
Middle school editions of ThemeQuotes trivia games:
* Across Five Aprils
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* The Hunger Games
* The Light in the Forest
* The Outsiders
* Romeo and Juliet
Here are more unique products over THE GIVER. View them all in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE GIVER edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• THE GIVER Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 204 questions!
• THE GIVER: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword--Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Giver edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Giver Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE GIVER: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword--Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE GIVER: 8 Word Searches Based on the Novel—8 Different Categories! Categories: Poor Asher!; Life in the Community; Places to Go; Little Gabriel; Careers; Characters; Pleasant Memories; The Range of Jonas’s Feelings
• THE GIVER: 12 Cryptogram Puzzles—Encoded Quotations from the Book! Students decode thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE GIVER: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE GIVER: Completing Quotations Crossword Students use their knowledge of the story and of language to complete these quotations from the book.
• THE GIVER: 10 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Characters; Careers; Animals; Lily-billy; The Community; Release; Jonas the Receiver; Rules and Rituals; Ceremonies; Father and Mother
• THE GIVER: Identifying Characters by Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling skills to solve these fun puzzles!
• THE GIVER: 2 Challenging Words Crosswords—Good Vocab Review! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE GIVER: 2 Reading-for-Detail-Crosswords—Good Objective Review! Great reviews for objective tests!
• THE GIVER: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!