The Giving Tree Activities and Graphic Organizers Book Companion
Also included in
- Struggling to find age-appropriate activities to teach the IB learner profile attribute CARING? In this bundle, you will find literacy activities for 2 picture books and activities specifically for promoting being CARING. The resources and graphic organizers are no-prep, fun and engaging. Here's whaPrice $9.50Original Price $15.30Save $5.80
- WHAT’S INCLUDEDPig the PugNo David!Lilly's Purple Plastic PurseI Want My Hat BackExtra YarnThe GivingCheck out my other picture book graphic organizer companion packs here!WHO IS IT FOR?This product is made for elementary/primary students. FEATURESDifferentiation: You can differentiate using the mosPrice $35.69Original Price $39.65Save $3.96
Are you looking for an engaging way to teach reading comprehension strategies? Look no further! Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein with this comprehensive set of activities.
The The Giving Tree literacy activities are fun, easy to use, differentiated, and specifically connected to the book through imagery and quotes.
The worksheets are open-ended, so your students can work at their own level, and you can assess their understanding.
The Giving Tree promotes fairness, forgiveness and generosity and reflects on appreciating what you already have, needs versus wants, altruism, and giving while expecting nothing in return.
These themes are reinforced further with The Giving Tree read-aloud questions for you to use before, during and after reading the book. Try some of the The Giving Tree questions in your classroom today by visiting this blog post.
Find everything you need in one time-saving literacy resource for The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
Prep is quick and easy. Just print the student pages you need, and you are ready to deliver fun and engaging lessons! All you need to prepare is the book!
This The Giving Tree literacy resource includes NO-PREP graphic organizers covering different comprehension skills.
- Asking and answering questions
- Author’s purpose
- Cause and effect
- Character traits
- Compare and contrast
- Inferring and predicting
- Main idea and theme
- Making connections
- Point of view
- Problem and solution
- Retelling and sequencing
Your students will love practicing comprehension skills in engaging ways, engaging in active and meaningful discussions, working on challenging but achievable activities suitable for different abilities, making connections with their own experiences and playing cut-and-stick activities and games.
- Activities and games related to the cause and effect in The Giving Tree.
- Activities explore the character traits in The Giving Tree, along with anchor chart labels.
- The read-aloud questions come as a list, individual cards and as sticky note templates. The The Giving Tree questions include inference, prediction, making connections, point of view, character traits and much more!
- The Giving Tree inferring and predicting activities.
- Main idea and theme with specific examples related to The Giving Tree.
- Making connections to the themes and actions in The Giving Tree, including text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world.
- Point of view activities related to the characters, author and narrator of The Giving Tree.
- The Giving Tree retelling and sequencing activities with text and visual images, including black and white and colored versions.
Each comprehension skill has activities with different difficulty levels, so all you have to do is choose the best pages for your student’s needs.
Many of the The Giving Tree activities have boxes your students can respond to with text or illustrations, depending on their ability.
This resource is perfect for:
- reading and writing workshops
- guiding reading
- literacy centers
- substitute plans
- small group instruction
- independent work
This The Giving Tree book companion is a supplemental product. You can choose the most relevant pages for your needs and the ability and understanding of your students.
The purple text on the ‘Teacher Notes’ pages is specific to the book, for example, ideas for sequencing and the main idea and theme.
The The Giving Tree book activities and questions and activities are opinion based and open-ended for easy differentiation.
Please ask any questions before purchasing.
⭐️ Bundle & SAVE ⭐️
Copyright © Children’s Library Lady
This product is for individual single-classroom use only. Copying, altering, redistributing, editing, or re-selling anything from this product is strictly forbidden.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.