NOTE: This product assumes that students are familiar with analogy puzzles.
These 25 analogies in this crossword show various relationships among challenging words from THE GLASS MENAGERIE and ordinary, non-challenging words. Students are given incomplete analogies, each containing a challenging word in all caps. Then they are instructed to determine the type of analogy shown between the completed pair of words. Their next step is to complete the second pair of words with a word that reflects the same relationship shown in the first pair.
* State : express :: FLOUNCE : ___ (prance)
* DECEPTION : deceit :: reception : ___ (receipt)
* CONFISCATE : dispense :: perish : ___ (survive)
* Transportation : moving :: MASTICATION : ___ (chewing)
* MARTYR : suffers :: writer : ___ (writes)
Note that these analogies can be challenging, so teachers may want to provide a few letter hints and allow extra time. Also, the use of a thesaurus will benefit students more than the use of a dictionary.
Also note: The 25 words in this puzzle are the same ones defined in the Word to Know section of my Bookmarks Plus: The Glass Menagerie edition. Use both to reinforce meaning! You can find the Bookmarks Plus product in my store, along with over 800 more fun and challenging products over most-taught literature!
Here are my unique products over THE GLASS MENAGERIE!
* THE GLASS MENAGERIE: Analogy Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! The clues in this crossword are 25 analogies, which students must complete. These 25 words are the same words featured on Bookmarks Plus: The Glass Menagerie edition.
* Bookmarks Plus: THE GLASS MENAGERIE edition—Use w/TGM Analogy crossword!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Companion product to Bookmarks Plus: The Glass Menagerie edition.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!