This is a set of fun and engaging activities to do with an amazing book titled The Glo-Brothers by Chris Barton. The pictures keep the children interested and the story is soo interesting. Mr. Barton does a wonderful job describing the biography of these two men in a way that children can understand easily while learning a ton about how this fascinating material was created... I mean what kid doesn't love UV stuff or highlighters?? I always bring out my big UV lamp for this book and it's always a big hit :)
* Discerning information about the two brothers (finding information in a paragraph)
* Timeline Activity
* Writing in and then brainstorming UV uses
* Writing in and then brainstorming Day-Glo Uses
* VENN-diagram between the brothers
* VENN-diagram between UV and Day-Glo
* Activity to diagram how it works
* Using knowledge to find Day-Glo in the classroom
* Making guesses about what will glo and then trying it out to see if they were right
* 7 question quiz over book and answer key
* Suggested lesson plan based on what I have done over the years.
Makes a great cross-curricular for reading, history and science!