The goal of this lesson is to introduce students to Shakespeare’s Globe Theater. It is great to use at the beginning of your study of some of Shakespeare’s plays. Several books, magazines, and websites are included in a resource list to help teachers teach about the Globe Theater to students. These materials are geared for 3rd-5th graders but could be used as low-end differentiation for middle school students as well. There are enough materials here to cover two to three 45-minute class sessions.
• Lesson plans and materials explanations
• Resource lists: books, magazines, websites
• Two worksheets are provided. They cover the same information but can be differentiated for age/ability of your students. Answer keys are included.
• Blank fun facts cards for students to write on.
• Globe Theater Model craftivity for students to make.
If you are interested in just parts of this bundle, check out my TpT store for the fun facts cards and the Globe Theater model sold separately: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lisa-Lohmann
I have several Shakespeare-themed materials in my TpT store. They include bundles, games, and scripts of scenes related to William Shakespeare, the Globe Theater, Hamlet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Romeo and Juliet. Check them out!
Clip art from ineetagoodclip http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Anita-Goodwin was used in this product. Thanks, Anita!