The Gold Rush Activities | California History | DIGITAL and PRINTABLE
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Social Studies Class will be your students' favorite time of the day with this popular, engaging bundle of activities, including foldables, timelines, mini books, bulletin boards, and more! The hands-on units in this bundle will help your students learn and understand the events and concepts of AmerPrice $59.95Original Price $79.00Save $19.05
Your students will enjoy learning about the California Gold Rush with this interactive packet. The fun, hands-on activities in this resource will surely help your students learn and understand the history of the Gold Rush!
Click here and SAVE 20% by buying ALL 15 Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units in one Year-Long Bundle.
This resource includes both a printable version AND a digital version. The digital version is on Google Slides and is perfect for distance learning, independent work, centers, and more!
This high-interest, engaging packet has 6 components:
- Interactive Notebook Foldables: Printable layered book with tabs and pages for definition, dates, key people, locations, and effects of the Gold Rush.
- Map it Out Foldable: Students identify location of Sutter's Mill, San Francisco, and California on a foldable map, which is great for use in interactive notebooks.
- Timeline Activity: Students will enjoy creating this Gold Rush timeline to gain a better understanding of the early explorers.
- Information Guide: Students will use this information guide and interesting fact sheet to help complete the interactive notebooks and learn about the Gold Rush.
- Newspaper Writing Activity: Students write a page of a newspaper with informational articles during the 1840s.
- Bulletin Board: Use the students' newspaper pages to create this attractive bulletin board. Includes bulletin board header, Gold Rush illustrated accents, and photo directions. You can also add the students' timelines to the board!
The packet also includes a teacher-direction sheet with photo examples of the projects in use in the classroom. It is very clear and easy-to-use; basically just print and go! My students loved these activities; I think yours will, too!
You can find each of the individual Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units here:
Maps, Continents, and Landforms
Colonial America - Jobs and Trades
The Civil War - Events Leading to the War
Elections and the Voting Process
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, FOLLOW ME and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,