This workbook contains various worksheets to study the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean. I used the workbook to link to a unit of work based on pirates, which encorporated elements of history and geography. This workbook could be used in this way or for students to use as a base for research about pirates.
The workbook contains lessons on:
* concept mapping and questions;
* understanding pirate crews and rules aboard a pirate ship;
* creating a wanted poster for a pirate such as Blackbeard
* creating an advert for other pirates to join your crew;
* writing a recipe for hard tack and (alcohol-free!) grog;
* where pirates lived and raided;
*different types of pirate (buccaneer, corsairs, etc) and why they raided;
* a timeline for the Golden Age of Piracy.
Also included is a teacher's guide for ideas on how to teach for each page and an answer key for some of the worksheets. In total, there are 10 activity sheets but the .pdf is 15 pages long including the answers and guide.
I have also uploaded a PowerPoint resource on the Golden Age of Piracy which can be found here http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Golden-Age-of-Piracy-timeline-PowerPoint-954864
I hope you find this product useful! Thanks, Vic x