"We're Unbelievable" teaches Empathy, Friendship, and The Golden Rule
We're Unbelievable is 2:15 long and part of the Songs From Schools series of lessons that make values meaningful, using music to reinforce character values that I'm sure you're already trying to teach your students. Things like respect, confidence, empathy, being a good friend and creating a safe and supportive culture in the classroom.
The Golden Rule song was inspired by the phrase, ‘walk a mile in someone’s shoes’ that we often use to teach empathy and compassion.
I was in a big elementary school in northern Canada. And it was the middle of winter. The entry to the school did have boot racks, but they were woefully inadequate for the number of students. So the place looked like a shoe store in a hurricane and the chaos made me think of that phrase.
Instead of talking about walking a mile in someone’s shoes, we really personalized it to the school environment and talked about walking the halls in someone’s shoes.
Click here to watch a class spinning and singing We're Unbelievable
All Lyric Videos Come With Additional
Material To Enhance Each Lesson; Such As:
• Lyric music video [HD Download] *
Watch the video on Teachers Pay Teachers, or Download it to make it easy and convenient to use. (Download Link Included in Supporting Document)
• Lyric videos use big, bright clear fonts making it easy for
your students to sing along as the video plays
• Support material includes the story behind the song and the students and the school where it was written, providing a greater understanding and appreciation
• Many songs have actions that make it fun and interactive and provide a great opportunity for students to move and dance
• There are additional learning activities included for each song, to promote greater understanding and group discussions
• You will also find additional links to live video performances from English, French and First Nations schools as students from across Canada sing these songs
• You also get an MP3 version of the song to make it as easy and convenient as possible to take the music with you so you can listen in the gym, the playground or even the drive home!
You can download the video, MP3, lesson and Behind The Scenes, Stories & Songs of a Nation pdf to make it as easy and convenient as possible to use this material.