"The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt: A Study Guide is ideal for both the individual reader and for reading groups/classes.
This comprehensive study guide aims to support reflective reading, not to replace it. It includes:
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. Detailed, original introduction for students including: an annotated list of characters, themes, setting, narrative voice, etc.;
4. Each chapter/section is accompanied by a commentary and guiding questions (43 in all). The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. No answers are given: trust the students to find their answers. The questions are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
5. Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
6. Definitions of key literary terms;
7. Two graphic organizers for student notes.