The Good Egg Activities, Read Aloud, LESSON PLANS, BOOK CRAFT Jory John
Also included in
- THIS IS A GROWING BUNDLE that will include book companions to: The Good Egg read aloud activities (INCLUDED)The Bad Seed read aloud activities (to appear)The Cool Bean read aloud activities (to appear)The Couch Potato read aloud activities (INCLUDED)The Smart Cookie read aloud activities (INCLUDED)TPrice $27.30Original Price $39.00Save $11.70
A great book companion to complement THE GOOD EGG read aloud session WITH 40 ACTIVITIES and 5 DAYS of lesson plans! The Good Egg by Jory John is a marvelous story about being good not just to others but also to yourself.
Explore the message of The Good Egg read aloud further with this book companion filled with rigorous activities and accompanied by detailed instructions to the teacher. THE GOOD EGG BOOK CRAFT INCLUDED!
In this unit you will find 5 DAYS OF DETAILED LESSON PLANS to accompany reading The Good Egg by Jory John. The lessons are filled with rigorous and engaging activities to help your students effectively and meaningfully engage with the book. The focus of each day in this study is the following:
- Day 1 Introducing the book, Making inferences and predictions
- Day 2 Character analysis (traits, motivation, feelings)
- Day 3 Vocabulary development, Story elements (settings, point of view, key events), Retelling & Summarizing
- Day 4 Problem & Solution, Cause & Effect, Main idea & Theme
- Day 5 Author’s purpose and message, Reader’s response, Craft
This unit includes discussion questions that can be used as stopping points while you read. The questions are available for print in two formats: printed on sticky notes using the template provided or on a single page for your reference.
40 RIGOROUS UNIQUE ACTIVITIES TO GO ALONG WITH "THE GOOD EGG" READ ALOUD --- inside the unit you will find:
- INTRODUCING THE BOOK: making predictions about the book, draw your own cover
- INTEGRATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND IDEAS: analyzing the cover
- ACTIVATING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: the power of confidence
- READER’S RESPONSE: making connection to other books, text-to-self connection
- CHARACTER ANALYSIS: 6 unique activities
- BOOK EXTENSION & CREATIVE WRITING: describe your perfect day filled with 'me time' activities
- KEY DETAILS & EVENTS: play “Text Detectives”
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE: Illustrate the literal and the figurative meaning of the expressions in the story, imaging your carton of friends
- STORY ELEMENTS: SETTINGS AND POINT OF VIEW, PROBLEM AND SOLUTION
- SEQUENCING AND RETELLING: 5 unique activities
- CAUSE AND EFFECT: explain the cause or the effect of the events in the book.
- EXPLORING THE THEME, GROWTH MINDSET/INFERENCING: deepen your understanding of the theme of the story all while promoting character education
- AUTHOR’S MESSAGE & READER’S RESPONSE
- HEAL THE EGG CRAFT: take up the role of the Good Egg's doctor and help his shell heal from cracking up
- WORD WORK: word search, odd word out, unscramble the sentences, synonyms & antonyms activity
If you have any questions, check thumbnails and preview or ask me in Questions And Answers or on my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
❤️ If you enjoyed using this product, you are welcome to LEAVE FEEDBACK and make credits you can redeem to SAVE MONEY on further purchases. I would LOVE to hear from you!
⭐ If you are interested in more ELA RESOURCES or would like to stay updated about the new products, SALES and FREEBIES, click here to FOLLOW.
✏️ Thank you for you interest in this product and HAPPY TEACHING!