Also included in
- Struggling to find age-appropriate activities to teach the lIB learner profile attribute BALANCED? In this bundle, you will find literacy activities for 2 picture books and activities specifically for promoting being BALANCED. The resources and graphic organizers are no-prep, fun and engaging. Here'Price $12.00Original Price $17.30Save $5.30
- Using picture books about self-management shows your student book characters recognising how different situations influence their behavior, emotions and judgments and responding appropriately during challenging situations.Book Characters with self-management show:Improved confidence and self-esteem.Price $13.84Original Price $17.30Save $3.46
- The picture book literacy companions included in this bundle are: ⭐️A Bad Case of the StripesThese activities were created for your students to reflect on the effects of peer pressure and being free to make their own decisions without worrying about what others may think.⭐️The Bad SeedThis resource hePrice $35.00Original Price $52.50Save $17.50
Make teaching reading skills fun with these engaging and differentiated activities for The Good Egg by Jory John! This resource includes NO-PREP graphic organizers covering more than 10 different comprehension skills perfect for centers, assessments or sub-planning.
Your students will love digging deeper into The Good Egg book while developing their comprehension skills. The activities are open-ended, so they can work at their own level, and you can assess their understanding.
The Good Egg activities were also designed for your students to reflect on accepting themselves and others for who they are and that having a balanced life is more important than trying to be perfect.
This is reinforced further by The Good Egg read-aloud discussion questions for you to use before, during and after reading the book.
Here's what you'll get (find the contents page in the preview!):
- Asking Questions
- Author’s Purpose
- Cause and effect, including games related to the cause and effect in the book.
- Character traits and analysis, including anchor chart labels.
- Discussion questions as a list or individual cards.
- Compare & Contrast; including Venn diagrams
- Inferring and Predicting; including specific book-related scenarios.
- Main Idea and Theme; including examples for the book
- Making Connections (text-to-self, text-to-text, text-to-world)
- Point of View of characters, author and narrator
- Problem and Solution
- Retelling & Sequencing; including visual images
- Book-related vocabulary activities
- Wring prompts
- Book-themed writing paper
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the student pages you need, and you are ready to deliver fun and engaging lessons! All you need to prepare is the book!
These resources are perfect to use for:
- readers and writers workshops
- guiding reading
- literacy centres
- substitute plans
- small group instruction
- independent work
- This book companion is a supplemental product. You can choose the most relevant pages for your needs and the ability and understanding of your students.
- The purple text on the ‘Teacher Notes’ pages is specific to the book. These ideas are my interpretation but will give you a head start.
- The questions and activities are opinion based, so there are NO answer keys. The activities were designed to be open-ended for easy differentiation.
- Please ask any questions before purchasing.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Maria I, says "Love this book and the activities were wonderful."
⭐️ Bundle & SAVE ⭐️
You will find this literacy resource in the following money-saving bundles:
You may also like…
Copyright © Children’s Library Lady
This product is for individual single classroom use only. Copying, altering, redistributing, editing, or re-selling anything from this product is strictly forbidden.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.