Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Project based learning is a great way to integrate your curriculum, and be able to include reading, writing, math, science and social studies to have in-depth discovery and have your students be in charge of the learning process.
This project based learning unit is a 4 week government unit that will cover writing, math, and social studies standards.
During this project, your students will:
Learn about local and national governments.
Students will know the difference between:
*local, state, and national governments.
*They will determine what these parts of our government do for us and WHO runs these parts.
*Work together to find information within Web Quests and learning centers.
*Experience some expert visits
*become newspaper reporters.
Included in this project based unit:
1. Timeline and suggested lesson plans for the duration of the project.
2. Checklists and rubrics for students and teachers to follow.
3. PowerPoint presentations to display for mini-lessons.
4. Ideas for experts and/or field trips within your project.
5. Center activities to utilize during this project.
6. Vocabulary cards
7. Graphic organizers
8. Formative and Summative assessments (this includes actual quizzes/tests, rubrics and outlines)
9. Web Quests with detailed directions (recently updated).
10. Letters to send home about the project
11. A math (graphing) component
12. A list of websites and literature you should check out to go along with this project
You need adobe and powerpoint to view all components of this file.
Download the preview for a more detailed description of this project. Please ask any questions before downloading.
Thanks for looking! Check out more ideas and learning activities on my teaching blog: www.tattlingtotheteacher.blogspot.com.