This 9 page packet contains everything your students need to compare how President Hoover and President F.D. Roosevelt handled the Great Depression. Your students will examine several primary source excerpts from the writings/speeches of Hoover/F.D.R in order to compare the following:
1) Their different philosophies on the role of government in a depression (Rugged Individualism V. Forgotten Man)
2) Should the government provide Direct Relief?
3) The Legislation each president passed in order to combat the Depression
In this activity, students will:(all materials are included in this download)
1) Complete a short warm-up activity that asks students to share their opinion on the topic of direct relief (gov't role)
2) Read excerpts from the words of Hoover/F.D.R and answer guiding questions about the excerpts
3) Complete an extension activity that asks students to examine how the current president handles Direct Relief
COMMON CORE ACTIVITY/ Great Independent classwork or for homework
Follow My Store!
Follow my store... simply click on “follow me” under Learning is a Passion on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post awesome new products and have sales.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits
Don’t forget to leave positive feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback will earn you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive comments!
Want more Quality Resources? Check these out:
Gilded Age: Robber Barons or Captains of Industry Document Based Activity
U.S. Imperialism 1860-1920: A Gallery Walk Student Activity
1920's Role-Play Philosophical Chairs Class Discussion Activities
US History: Examining Both Sides of the Scopes Monkey Trial Activity