Labor Day Nonfiction Reading Comprehension & Analysis: 14 Questions + Answer Key
Why use boring, meaningless text excerpts?
Teach high school reading informational text skills with interesting history content. Perfect Labor Day reading response activity for high school students!
Teach students about the true history of the Great Depression, the Stock Market Crash of 1929, the Seattle Strike of 1919, the New Deal, The National Recovery Act (NRA), Self-Help, Sit-Down Strike, the Wagner Act of 1935, the Social Security Act, the Memorial Day Massacre, Minimum Wage Act of 1938, 40 hour work week mandated by New Deal, and more!
ZIP FILE INCLUDES
- Printable Student Handouts (3 pages): 17 Reading Questions to pair with CHAPTER 15 of "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn (available for free using links below)
- 2 versions of above student handouts with & without page numbers (for easy differentiation)
- Google Doc version and link for Google Classroom student activities
- ANSWER KEY
- 3-point reading response rubric (easy grading)
- Google Classroom Student Instructions: How to Submit Google Doc or Attachment for a Grade
NO PREP PRINT + GO or GOOGLE DRIVE OPTION
Perfect for high school US History or English Language Arts informational text passages or nonfiction text excerpts. Use for homework, assessment, independent work or student activities.
Use one of the below links to print CHAPTER 15 or share in Google Classroom:
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
You may also like ;)
ELA Print and Go Lesson Plans
ELA Task Cards
Culturally Relevant ELA Lessons
Emotional Intelligence SEL Curriculum
Social Justice & Global Citizenship Curriculum
Poetry Lessons & Units
Writing & Grammar Units
Holiday Print and Go Lesson Plans
Social Studies Lessons & Units
ELA Rubrics and Assessments
Differentiation & SpEd Professional Development