The Great Depression: Student-Designed Gallery Walk
is a mini-project focused on key topics of the Great Depression. Students work in partners or small groups to create a gallery display for one of the topics. Students then go on a gallery walk of each other’s work and learn about the Great Depression.
This detailed guide includes:
- Teacher guidelines for introducing the activity
- Student handouts and directions for creating gallery walk displays and for gallery walk itself
- Informational text on 8 topics
- Topics include: stock market crash, bank runs, breadlines, Hoover's policy, the dust bowl, resentment of foreign workers, food riots, Roosevelt's New Deal and the Civilian Conservation Corps.
Use along with other Great Depression activities and projects.
Great Depression Resources include
- Great Depression: Primary Source Analysis and Activity with Photos
- Great Depression: Student-centered unit project
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
You may also like
● Civil Rights Movement: Quick and Easy Newspaper
● Progressive Era: Research and Role Play Project
● Women's Rights: Susan B. Anthony and more
● Earth Day: Climate Change by the Numbers
Coming soon…the Great Depression by the numbers, an Industrial Revolution simulation, World War I station activities, and more.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.