I read this book years ago and loved it. Your students will love it too! There are so many teachable moments to be pulled from this story!
My packet contains the following content:
- Plot (Introduction, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, and Conclusion)
- Character Traits
- Self to Text Connection ( What would you do if ....)
- Parts of Speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives)
- Inferencing Skills
- Writing Retell
- Nonfiction Research (Prairie Dogs)
- Prairie Dog Publishing Sheet
This book is only a 1.9 AR level, but young students can practice these higher order thinking skills with the help of this book and this packet.
You could use this for a reading group, substitute plans, or a whole class activity.