This crossword puzzle contains anagrams of familiar words from THE GREAT GASBY. Every clue is a scrambled word that students have to unscramble in order to place it in the puzzle grid. For example, "zeeber" translates to "breeze," and "raodJn" translates to "Jordan." In some clues, the first letter of the word is capped (as in the “Jordan” clue above) to aid students in decoding the word. Students might not know all the answers, but, as with all crosswords, answers are revealed as they fill in the ones they do know. A fun spelling workout!
Don’t miss my other unique products over THE GREAT GATSBY listed below. Many are perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View all 15 in my store!
• THE GREAT GATSBY edition of Bookmarks Plus: —Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and much more!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 300 questions!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 50-Word Prereading Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with the The Great Gatsby edition of Bookmarks Plus and the GG Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! Helps prepare students for reading the book!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Anagram Crossword—Good Spelling Workout! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, each time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Completing Characters’ Quotations Crossword Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling skills to solve these fun puzzles!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 10 Cryptogram Puzzles—Encoded Quotations! Students decode 10 thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 10 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode 10 lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Animals; Plants; Gatsby’s Guests; More of Gatsby’s Guests; The Valley of Ashes; Myrtle’s Party; Characters; Daisy’s Past.
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Figurative Language Crossword—Creative! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to teach figurative language!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 10 Novel-Based Word Searches 10 categories: Names from the Novel; Gatsby; The Buchanans; Jordan; Places in the Novel; Gatsby’s Possessions; The Parties; Nick; The Roaring Twenties; The Novel
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 3 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords Based on the Novel Great reviews for objective tests!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers that relate to the themes of the book!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Vocabulary Crossword—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: That Daffy Decade Crossword—The Roaring Twenties! A great way to test students’ knowledge of the 20s!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!