Need complete, no-prep plans for chapter 2 of The Great Gatsby that you can use to engage your classes in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s fascinating novel by tomorrow?
Get your students analyzing, digging deep, and comprehending Gatsby with these ready-to-go handouts.
When you teach Gatsby with this resource you will:
• use a cheat-resistant reading-check quiz to make sure your students read the chapter themselves
• have three hours of challenging and accessible lessons all planned out
• help your students strengthen their close reading skills by giving them reliable questions to grapple with the text independently
• easily review those questions using the extensive answer key which quotes all relevant passages so that you have everything you need to help students find the answers themselves
• engage your students in thought-provoking discussion with the ready-to-go discussion questions
• have a few possible lesson plans so that you can change your plans from year to year depending on time constraints or the ability level of your classes
• teach memorable and relevant lessons by adding the innovative, fun, and rigorous activities which include links to poetry, contemporary sources, music, art, and short silent movies of the period
have enough resources to never have to prep your chapter 2 classes again
This resource has been differentiated for all levels, from the kids who hate reading and anything ELA to the most advanced honors class.
There are no lectures or power points here—students will do the work themselves, with guidance from you.
Rather than telling them what the novel means, you will empower your students with the confidence and skills to tackle the text on their own.