This full unit bundle for teaching The Great Gatsby is not only Common-Core aligned, but highly structured and organized to facilitate your teaching of the novel, as well as students’ comprehension of the text!
The materials included in this bundle are all linked to one another and were created with the backwards design model. This simplifies the teaching process for you, as all handouts, test, quizzes, and writing assignments work together cohesively!
All printed materials for your and students’ uses are entirely linked to a 102-slide PowerPoint. The slides are engaging, dynamic, and visually appealing. The students will love the pictures and action shots from the Gatsby films, and you’ll be able to project all materials on the board to promote engagement and help the students follow along with ease.
The following items are included in the bundle. They are all also available for individual purchase, and can be found on my page by following the links below.
1) A 27-page guided reading packet that students can use for the entire unit. No need to print out or distribute any other materials! The packet includes a text overview, contextual information, a vocabulary table for students to define words, a WebQuest, comprehension questions, analysis questions, text-dependent questions, quotation analyses, reflection questions, and close reading exercises.
2) A final test comprised of 67 objective questions. It is fully-aligned with the reading packet. Includes an answer key. The test will assess students’ abilities to comprehend and analyze the text by requiring the use of higher-order thinking skills.
3) A quiz comprised of 32 objective questions relating to vocabulary and WebQuest information. Includes an answer key.
4) A cover art assignment that can be used as a project-based assessment. It requires students to apply critical thinking skills in creating a visual concept to reflect elements of the text.
5) A writing assignment relating to the American Dream. Requires students to read a passage and then cite textual evidence to support their claims in response to a prompt. The assignment includes a writing template to guide students through the process of making and supporting claims.
6) A 102-slide PowerPoint that is fully linked to every page in the guided reading packet, as well as all handouts and assignment.
The Great Gatsby Full Unit Guided Reading Packet
The Great Gatsby Final Test
The Great Gatsby Full Unit PowerPoint
The Great Gatsby Vocab and WebQuest Quiz
The Great Gatsby Full Unit Bundle
The Great Gatsby Chapter 8 Close Reading Exercises
The Great Gatsby Cover Art Project