These homework assignments are originally part of our full The Great Gatsby unit. We decided to sell this component separately and it includes the 34 page unit for 12 individual homework assignments for Gatsby.
Certain homework assignments target key important chapters, while other assignments review themes and motifs after they have been fully developed with close readings of the text. Most of the assignments require the students to synthesize various scenes from across the text to help draw connections over a wide range of material. In short, the home works help to bring the book together.
Most importantly, students continue to practice their close reading skills as each homework assignment requires students to return to the text to provide detailed examples or direct quotes to support their ideas and opinions.
Homework titles include:
• Pre-reading activity-4 pages
• Close reading: novel’s first paragraph-6 pages
• Close reading: novel’s second paragraph-5 pages
• Letter from Daisy to Nick-1 page
• Letter from Daisy to Gatsby-1 page
• Letter from Gatsby to Daisy-1 page
• Gatsby as “Great”-2 pages
• Gatsby’s home as metaphor-2 pages
• Uncovering the real Gatsby-3 pages
• Analyzing critical quotes-2 pages
• Green light activity-2 pages
• Careless drivers activity-2 pages
**Whichever way you choose to use these assignments, we hope you enjoy the results. Let us know what you think.
**If you have any questions before or after purchasing, just ask!