A complete Unit Plan for The Great Gatsby
Common Core Standards
Created by a Teacher with 12 years of English experience
Over 30 Microsoft Word and Power Point files contained in the Zip File
150+ pages of classroom materials all of which is editable for your own needs
Covering over 6-weeks of class time
Timeline on when to teach each of the assignments
Links to 20 online resources for use in class including an audio book
Content for Academic and Applied learners, great for teachers with classes at different levels
A complete Table of Contents for the Unit is listed below
Table of Contents
• 6-week calendar timeline for TGG Unit.
• 20-page introduction Power Point for TGG.
• 8-page character charts for the seven major personalities with drawings of the
characters for a better connection to the novel.
• 18-silde power point on Concept Maps and how to apply them to the novel.
Themes and Symbolism
• 24-Power Point on six major Themes.
• 19-page Power Point on three major Symbols.
• 17-pages of chapter questions with blanks for applied students.
• 24-pages of chapter questions with blanks for academic students for a more
critical thinking approach.
• One copy of all the questions chapters 1 to 9 with answer keys for both applied
and academic versions.
• Second version broken up into chapters: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and 7-9 with blanks for
students answers for both versions.
• 9-page assignment on some of the major quotes of the novel, with answer key and
• 4-page Novel versus Movie review assignment with Rubric.
• 13-page vocabulary assignment where the students define 10 key words form
each chapter to increase understanding of the novel.
• Broken up to mirror the chapter question: Chapters 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and 7-9.
• 17-page TGG media assignment.
• Students create a 3 to 5 minute movie trailer based on TGG.
• Introduction, Media terms, Camera shots and angles, story boards examples and
• Daily student progress reports, Story Board rubrics, Peer Evaluation rubrics, and
Tests and Quizzes
• 3-pages TGG quizzes for chapters 1-3, 4-6 and 7-9.
• 7-page Multiple Choice Unit Test, answer key and student answer test page for
• 4-page Unit Test, answer key and student answer test page for academic learners.
Search for my Store: The Classic Owl - Whom - Whom