Now with newly added material!!
Socratic Seminars (or "Fish Bowl" Conversations as I like to call them with my students) are fantastic, higher order ways of assessing whether your students are able to understand and react to your class text. These seminars rely on the power of inquiry and allow students to take the lead in their learning and discussion. The only problem? They require a great deal of preparation. Fortunately, this student-tested resource includes everything you need to conduct a structured and formal set of Socratic Seminars in your classroom surrounding F. Scott Fitzgerald's beloved classic, The Great Gatsby... and no preparation is required by you at all!
This product includes:
• Assignment Directions with step-by-step instructions on how to conduct fishbowls in your classroom
• Fun Introductory Lesson Plan on Academic Conversations - NEWLY ADDED!
• 5 Discussion Questions for each “Fish Bowl”
• “Fish Bowl” Preparation Sheet
• Conversation Builder Prompts
• Observation Sheet
Also, check out these great resources to complement your unit on The Great Gatsby by Language Arts Excellence:
"Silent Conversation" Quote Pass Activity - The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby "Hot Seat!"
The Great Gatsby Anticipation Guide & Lesson Plan
The Great Gatsby Quote Posters