Looking for a fun way to top off your THE GREAT GATSBY unit? ThemeQuotes Trivia Games are just what you need!
What is a ThemeQuote?
A ThemeQuote is a thought-provoking, value-promoting quotation that relates to a theme of a work of literature. ThemeQuotes are authored by great minds such as Gandhi, Anne Frank, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Amy Tan, Nietzsche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games link famous quotations to the themes of the literature you teach!
Designed specifically for classroom use, ThemeQuotes Trivia Games combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune™ with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit™.
Students might be asked to:
* answer questions about the author
* answer multiple choice, true/false, and open-ended questions based on the book
* answer questions that are related to the content of the book
* locate grammatical errors in dialogue
* translate idioms or dialectical phrases
* define, spell, or pronounce challenging words
* complete examples of figurative language
* unscramble anagrams or word merges
* and so much more!
Students have fun while being exposed to great thinkers!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students’ understanding of theme
* challenge students’ reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
* are just plain fun!
FYI: Some of the questions go beyond the book, but that's the fun of the game. Such questions, which are usually presented in multiple-choice format, require students to rely on their past experiences and their critical thinking skills to select the correct answer of the three choice provided. It's a fun way to learn something new! Check out the preview for examples!
Click on the preview link to read the rules to these fun and "value"-able" classroom games!
The Great Gatsby edition includes:
* rules of play
* over 300 trivia questions
* 16 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzles
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
High school editions of ThemeQuotes trivia games:
* The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
* Animal Farm
* The Great Gatsby
* Julius Caesar
* Of Mice and Men
* To Kill a Mockingbird
Don’t miss my other unique products over THE GREAT GATSBY listed below. Many are perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them all in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE GREAT GATSBY edition—Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and much more!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 300 questions!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 50-Word Prereading Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with the The Great Gatsby edition of Bookmarks Plus and the GG Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! Helps prepare students for reading the book!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Anagram Crossword—Good Spelling Workout! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, each time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Completing Characters’ Quotations Crossword Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling skills to solve these fun puzzles!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 10 Cryptogram Puzzles—Encoded Quotations! Students decode 10 thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 10 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode 10 lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Animals; Plants; Gatsby’s Guests; More of Gatsby’s Guests; The Valley of Ashes; Myrtle’s Party; Characters; Daisy’s Past.
• THE GREAT GATSBY: Figurative Language Crossword—Creative! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to teach figurative language!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 10 Novel-Based Word Searches 10 categories: Names from the Novel; Gatsby; The Buchanans; Jordan; Places in the Novel; Gatsby’s Possessions; The Parties; Nick; The Roaring Twenties; The Novel
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 3 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords Based on the Novel Great reviews for objective tests!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers that relate to the themes of the book!
• THE GREAT GATSBY: That Daffy Decade Crossword—The Roaring Twenties! A great way to test students’ knowledge of the 20s!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!