This is a unit for the reading and comprehension of "The Great Gatsby". This is a more traditional unit, but has some options for unique assessments!
1. 1920s Webquest so students can truly grasp what the 1920s were all about!
1. Reading questions for each chapter
2. Ch 1/2 reading quiz, ch 4/5 quizzes.
- I do reading quizzes this way to show students it is necessary to do the reading to be successful. If after the first few chapters they aren't reading then I give them more, which will hopefully encourage them to continue reading outside of class.
3. Character identification assignment
- focuses on literary analysis
4. Partner character interview
- Focuses on literary analysis
5. Socratic seminar prompt questions
1. Multiple tests
2. Roaring 20s/The Great Depression Website assignment and rubric