This bundle includes all the materials for a complete unit on F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, The Great Gatsby with 8 activities and 9 PowerPoint presentations. It contains pre-reading, during reading, and after reading assignments for in-class, homework, and assessment purposes. PowerPoint files align with the chapters under discussion.
Activities align with the Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) for reading literature and writing, including close-text reading, citing textual evidence, analyzing literary devices, especially characterization, theme, and symbolism, and writing arguments to support claims.
1. Pre-Reading: Background Information on Setting: The 1920’s & The Lost Generation (includes PowerPoint, images, and an exit ticket)
2. Analysis Journal Task
3. Introductory Close-Read
4. Guiding PowerPoint Presentations (for the introduction and chapters 2-9)
5. Connections with the American Dream and Lost Generation Chart
6. Character Map Activity
7. Colors & Meanings Activity
8. Post-Reading: Critical Lens Essay
9. Post-Reading: Final Analysis Assessment