This 76-slide PowerPoint accompanies my guided reading packet for The Great Gatsby unit. It's dynamic and engaging, and a great way to help students stay on task and follow along during lessons, making instruction more interactive and organized!
Every slide is directly aligned with all aspects of the reading packet, which is Common-Core aligned. The 27-page packet is well-organized and user friendly, allowing your students to follow a cohesive and coherent plan for reading and understanding the novel. It contains a wide variety of classroom exercises and activities to help students comprehend, analyze, and relate to the text!
The packet and PowerPoint contain the following:
1) An introductory (and spoiler-free) overview of the novel to generate interest
2) A place for taking notes about the novel's context
3) A list of vocabulary words that can be used to talk about the text (includes spaces for students to take notes with definitions)
4) A WebQuest that will allow students to seek out important information about social, historical, and cultural contexts of the novel
5) A character map with pictures and descriptions
6) Theme, symbol, and motif exercises
7) Close reading exercises
8) Comprehension and analysis questions divided by chapter (questions are often text-dependent and may require quotation analysis) to help students think critically about their reading
9) Questions to accompany the preface and publisher's afterword of the novel
The PowerPoint also contains a slide template for assigning homework!
Here are some links to a few of my other Gatsby materials:The Great Gatsby Full Unit Bundle
The Great Gatsby Full Unit Guided Reading Packet
The Great Gatsby Final Test
The Great Gatsby Full Unit PowerPoint
The Great Gatsby Vocab and WebQuest Quiz
The Great Gatsby Full Unit Bundle
The Great Gatsby Chapter 8 Close Reading Exercises
The Great Gatsby Cover Art Project