Tired of reading the same old analytical essays on The Great Gatsby? This final writing assessment is challenging, creative and analytical. It's also fun to write and read!
This download includes:
1. Three pages of character charts (for Gatsby, Daisy, Tom, Jordan, Myrtle, and George) to guide students' reading and note-taking with a focus on characterization.
2. A detailed assignment sheet that asks students to demonstrate their knowledge of characters, plot, and themes by re-telling a scene or adding a new scene from a character's perspective (other than Nick's).
3. An ideas sheet to help students who are stuck (or all students, if you'd like).
4. A 1920's slang sheet.
5. A guided peer-feedback sheet to facilitate thoughtful and effective feedback and revision.
6. A task list to make your grading a breeze.
My students, at every level, have found this assignment a fun challenge. It's not easy and will lead to some great writing for you to read.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.