Differentiated The Great Kapok Tree Interactive Notebook Reading Lessons & Activities Bundle
NEW! Now includes even more interactive notebook and lapbook activities to enhance and add value to diverse learning!
Perfect unit for EARTH DAY! Earth Day is April 22!
or for thematic unit learning with environmental science units/lessons!
Click the Green 'Preview' Button above to see what's inside!
✓ Check out a flipbook preview here.
More About This Product:
☰ This product can be used in small groups, for differentiated instructional purposes, for 1:1 targeted instructional tutorials, or as a whole class for test prep purposes and/or vacation homework.
☰ This product is suitable for teachers, tutors, special education providers, as well as for home-instruction.
☰ The bundle is appropriate for students in Grades 3-7
☰ This product requires no preparation.
☰ This product is Common Core aligned.
☰ This product includes pre-selected web links for easy student access and research purposes.
In the dense Amazon rain forest, a man has come to chop down a great Kapok tree. When he stops to rest, the animals that live in the tree and the surrounding area come to whisper in his ear, each trying to convince him to spare their home.
This 79-page lesson and activity bundle with homework packet includes:
• Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Higher Order Thinking Questions to use during your read-aloud
• Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Higher Order Thinking Questions Sticky Note Task Card Set - just print 'em and stick 'em!
• How to create a lapbook
• Numerous interactive notebook and/or lapbook activities and templates
• Vocabulary Words
• A Vocabulary Word Search
• Vocabulary Classwork/Homework ideas
• Vocabulary Spotlight
Bundle also uses Depth of Knowledge (DOK) multi-level activities to help students gather information and understand what they are reading. Activities include Blackline masters for:
• The Great Kapok Tree Sequence Map Graphic Organizer
• Character Traits Graphic Organizer
• A Summary page (narrative form)
• A Research Science Connection for Rain forests and Kapok Trees
• Author's Purpose
• Cause & Effect
• Compare & Contrast
• Comprehension questions (multiple choice & extended response)
• A Rain Forest Map Focus Study
• A Kapok Math Connection Activity
• A Science/Technology/Research Connection Activity
• Text Organization Questions Graphic Organizer
• B,M,E Graphic Organizer
• "What if...?" higher order thinking writing page
• Who, What, When, Where, Why, How Graphic Organizer
• Extended Thinking Questions & Inferential Thinking Questions Embedded Throughout
• 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment (two options available)
• Mini-Homework Packet and Higher Order Thinking Response to Literature Homework Prompts
...and much, much more!
Common Core State Standards are listed for grades 3-5.
You may also be interested in our other read-a-loud bundles:
The Kissing Hand
Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch!
My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother
The Great Kapok Tree
The Polar Express
I Need My Monster
The Rainbow Fish
A Bad Case of Stripes
Get them All! Our Mega Read Aloud Bundle Super Pack
❤ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
✓ Be sure to FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST MrTechnology
✓ FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ MrEduTechnology
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
✓ Be sure to FOLLOW US ON Instagram @MrTechnologyTpT
✎ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products! Earn TpT Credits for purchases on TpT. You get one TpT Credit for every $ you spend on TpT. Thing is, you only get the Credits after you Provide Feedback -- both a fair rating and a fair comment -- on the items that you purchase. We will round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases, but there is no need to wait until you have 100 to redeem them. 50 credits is worth $2.50, for example.
❤ Like what you see? Follow my store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
My new book from Scholastic Managing the Digital Classroom
Dozens of Awesome Teacher-Tested Ideas That Help You Manage and Make the Most of Every Digital Tool in Your Classroom - Now available! Order Today!
Thank you for shopping and please take a moment to rate this product if you decide to purchase it.
© Copyright MrTechnology, 2014-2016