It’s time for summer and the all the exciting fun that goes along with it! This ActivInspire flipchart, “The Great Ocean Adventure” takes your young students to the beach with our story’s little boy who is ready for an ocean adventure. He has his mask, fins, and snorkel and invites your students to join him for a swim in the ocean. They meet plenty of ocean animals including a clownfish, crab, dolphin, whale and…Uh-oh! A shark! Can they swim back to the beach fast enough? Students with autism and developmental delays will increase their receptive and expressive vocabulary including both core and fringe words (ocean animals). This activity is perfect for students with language impairments who require visual supports for comprehension. The story allows your students to “swim” with the boy, use a moveable dive mask to find ocean animals and use the interactive features to make the animals come alive. The students use the visuals and interactive features in the “Visual Core Word Dictionary” to understand the meaning of each concept. This flipchart can be used for small group instruction at the computer and in whole-group settings using an interactive whiteboard. Students take turns reading and activating the interactive features.
This flipchart lesson includes:
• Cover page with "I can" statements
• notes browser (yellow note icon) explains features for interactive pages
• simple, interactive Table of Contents/lesson schedule
• an interactive, visual core word dictionary which provides the meanings of I, see, and go
• interactive story that demonstrates the meaning of core and fringe vocabulary words
• two story versions in one; longer version includes 10 sea creatures; shorter version includes 6 sea creatures
• total of 37 interactive pages
• visual sentence strips to aid in reading comprehension
• an interactive survey (“Did you like the story?”)
• lesson closure page
Please come back to our store as we continue to add more flipchart activities!
**Must have ActivInspire software.**
***The FREE personal edition of ActivInspire can be downloaded from Promethean World***