The Great Pumpkin Investigation is a week-long pumpkin investigation for middle school students. Your classes will get to have some pre-Halloween fun while they determine if the number of seeds inside a pumpkin increase with the pumpkin’s size. Students will make observations and take measurements, collect data, analyze, and graph their results. This lab is completely editable, so you can adjust as necessary to fit the needs of your students!
Your purchase includes:
- Fully Editable Pumpkin Investigation (4 pages, .docx and .pdf)
- Day by Day Teacher Directions (3 pages, .pdf)
- Editable Pumpkin labels (3 pages, .pptx)
Materials needed for this lab:
- One pumpkin per student or group
- Sealable plastic bags (quart and sandwich size)
- Knife (for teacher use only!)
- Pumpkin scoopers
- Scale or balances
- Measuring tapes
- Optional: inexpensive pumpkin carving knifes or paint
Please check out the preview for a better look at this activity!
Cover page fonts and graphics by:
Fancy Dog Studio Clip Art
© 2013 Adventures in Science
-For Personal Use Only-
You may not share this file with others.