Task: Students will compose a persuasive essay convincing the English Department that a particular book should be included in the curriculum for next year’s Junior Year American Literature Class.
1. Students will use the steps of the writing process: planning, drafting, and revision.
2. Students will develop organized essays that demonstrate effective language use, voice, and command of mechanics.
3. Students will write pieces that persuade an audience.
4. Students will edit written work for correct spelling and grammar.
5. Students will write essays that use transitional devices in order to move the reader through their arguments.