• The activity provides practice of identifying figurative language in song lyrics, specifically similes and metaphors. The song lyrics are included in this item, but can easily be found online.
• I used this activity with sixth grade students, but it could easily be adapted down for 4th-5th graders or up for 7th-8th graders.
• The previous knowledge of your students of figurative language and their overall achievement levels will greatly impact their success with this activity.
• The graphic organizer pages can be copied for the students. The remaining pages are for the teacher to use.
• This item is not a licensed product. I do NOT SELL or claim ownership over the characters, original movie and musical content, or graphic clipart; they belong to their respective copyright owners. You are paying for the time spent creating this learning item only. All copyrighted and trademarked characters and marks belong to their respective copyright and trademark holders.
• Please contact me directly at the e-mail listed below if you need help or have any problems with this activity.
• I appreciate your fair reviews after using this product in your classroom. Thanks so much!
• Visit my TPT store at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Traveling-Teacher-Online
Check out my other holiday products: The Nightmare Before Christmas Inspired Writing Activity and The Nightmare Before Christmas Figurative Language Activity