NO PREP worksheets for the book The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.
I have created 29 worksheets to accompany this charming book. They can be used in their entirety for a more intense study of the book or pick and chose those that suit your students/situation best.
Included in the package:
1. Package title page
2. Student title page
3. Prediction – before reading exercise
4. Prediction – during reading exercise
5. Elements of the story (author, illustrator, characters, setting and summary)
6. Beginning, middle, end worksheets - 3 different versions to suit your needs:
a. Picture only
b. Words only
c. Pictures and words
7. Story sequencing activity
8. What happened before/after a particular event in the story? Two different versions:
a. Draw only
b. Write only
9. Problem and solution writing exercise
10. Two pages of comprehension questions (6 questions in total)
11. Character worksheet (sequence the order they appear in the story, draw the main character)
12. Draw the Gruffalo (drawing box surrounded by his description/check boxes to ensure the student has included them all)
13. Venn diagram – Mouse and Gruffalo comparison
14. What character would you want to be? (writing exercise)
15. Match the animal to its home and draw the mouse and Gruffalo’s homes
16. Describe and draw the “deep, dark woods”
17. Draw a map of the mouse’s journey through the forest
18. Brainstorming exercise on the theme of fear in the story
19. Gruffalo acrostic poem
20. Retelling the story as a comic strip (two different layouts to choose from)
21. Alphabetical order using words from the story
22. Venn diagram comparing the book and the movie
23. Chart comparing the movie and the book
24. Rhyming words worksheet
25. Syllables worksheet
26. Word Search
27. Teacher answer pages (9 pages total)
40 pages in total.
If you are teaching a number of Julia Donaldson’s picture books, you may be interested in my companion worksheet bundle:
Juila Donaldson Companion Worksheet Bundle
Thanks for stopping by my store! I appreciate your support and welcome any feedback.
All artwork by Patricia Watson.
© Patricia Watson 2016
Copyright © Patricia Watson. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.