This mystery kit contains the party of a lifetime! The setting is a holiday party where the Wu family and members of Yule Ville gather for Christmas. All is fun and games...until the gifts are stolen! The party is broken into three segments in which guests are provided clues and dialogue cues to learn more about 'whodunit'. A mystery (stolen presents) will occur during the party, and guests will have to share clues in order to solve the mystery! The kit contains host instructions, guest instructions, clues, name tags, character lists, and investigative sheets. 6-10+ guests can participate.
1. Martina Movier: A local teacher by day and sultry singer by night. Martina loves to stay busy, if not for the activity, then to fight the loneliness of spending yet another Christmas in solitude.
2. Marx: The Grump’s best friend and social activist. Marx loves people and wants Grump to love them too. He tries to spread peace and love to all he meets, and refuses to let Grump’s moods bring him down.
3. Betsy Lou Wu: The Christmas Spirit Queen. Betsy’s passion for Christmas can be borderline obsessive at times. She will do whatever it takes to have the most festive home and Christmas cheer.
4. Thomas Lou Wu: Husband to Betsy and the local postman. Thomas is dependable, loyal, and trustworthy. Neighbors love to say hello and greet him with cookies during his daily delivery.
5. The Grump: A crotchety old man whose heart is two sizes too small due to a heart condition. It causes him to be angry, stressed, and rambunctious. He tends to hoot and holler and surmise loudly about others.
6. Mindy Lou Wu: Daughter of Betsy and Thomas. Mindy is a moody teenager who is quite rebellious. She thinks her mother’s Christmas cheer in neurotic, and she refuses to participate in the festivities.
7. Mayor Mark Amberly: Mayor Mark is the intelligent and strong leader of the town. All the ladies swoon when he passes by. He is a charmer, and he takes his job very seriously. (Optional)
8. Benjamin Bernard: A widower and local baker. Benjamin works unusual hours which do not allow for much socialization. He is eager to attend a get-together and to spend some time with Bailey. (Optional)
9. Bailey Bernard: The only child of Benjamin Bernard. Bailey is a meek and studious student in Martina Movier’s class. Bailey cannot stand Mindy, who seems to be in some kind of stereotypical funk. Bailey enjoys these parties for the people watching. (Optional)
10. Dr. Sue: A local physician who has dedicated her life to medicine and the pursuit of knowledge. (Optional)
Additional Extra characters:
Fellow Wu’s: These are extra characters that will choose another main character to partner with for the party. They can ask questions and participate but will not have additional information to give party guests.
– ROUND ONE: The Grump CLUES TO REVEAL DURING THIS ROUND
During this round, mingle with the other guests to learn about other characters and discuss the following with whomever you choose:
• Tell Marx that you appreciate his company and thank him for being your only true friend. Share judgments with him about the other guests.
•Say “boohoo you silly Wu” to any of the Wu family when you hear them say something that isn’t filled with joy.
•Explain to Mindy why Christmas cheer is over-rated. Try to convince her that her parents are out of their minds to spend such money and time on 1 day a year.
Personal clues to conceal or reveal to allies:
• All the Wu’s who lived down in Yule Ville liked Christmas a lot, but the grump who lived above Yule Ville did not. Some doctors did testing; each organ one and all, and they found that his heart was two sizes too small. “Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome”, Doctor Sue said with a sigh. “You must live up in the Mountains, real high up or you’ll die”. So the Grump packed his things and started to tread, and his dear friend Marx, followed close in his stead. And thus the Grump lived a different kind of life filled with internal jealousy and dramatic strife.
- FINAL SOLUTION ROUND THREE – Betsy Lou Wu READ AFTER THOMAS LOU WU
Submit your guess to the host. This is the final round. Please wait until you are indicated to read your final clue card, as there is a specific order.
You will read your final solution. “Well that’s my husband’s little speech. What a darling little peach. He really should speak for himself regarding his views, not all of his views are shared by us Wu’s. The decorating, sparkling, glitz and glam is my number one priority, other than baking the Christmas Ham. Well I guess it might be priority number three, because I also love the baking, the caroling, and the shopping spree! Christmas is a time for giving it’s true. But only if I really and truly like you! Otherwise it’s all for show. To make everyone jealous of my perfectly tied bow! I wouldn’t steal a gift, my gifts are far superior. It’s probably The Grump, hiding it in that huge posterior! THE GRUMP IS NEXT