HabitWise is an in-class program that empowers adolescents to use the psychology of habit formation to improve their:
• Wellness (including nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress management, and mindfulness)
• Money management
HabitWise is a critical addition to the curriculum for:
Health • Advisory • Family & Consumer Sciences • Guidance • Social & Emotional Learning • After-School Programs
It’s difficult to work towards our dreams and manage life’s stressors if we don’t first have positive structures in our daily routines. That’s why HabitWise helps students make the habits that matter to them automatic, so they’re free to focus their energy on achieving their goals. HabitWise adapts insights including the habit loop from bestsellers The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg and Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin.
#1: Why Habits Matter
#2: How Habits Can Help Us Reduce Stress
#3: How Habits Can Help Us Be Healthy
#4: How Habits Can Help Us Be Productive
#5: How Habits Can Help Us Avoid Advertising Gimmicks
#6: How Habits Can Help Us Improve Relationships
#7: Independent Habit Project
Each lesson includes:
• An engaging animated video (4-7 min.) that makes it easy to introduce the concepts. (Watch the full video for Lesson #1 here
• Structured worksheets (40-50 min.) that tap prior knowledge, check comprehension, and help students connect the concepts to their own lives.
• Multiple extension activities (6-30 min.) that deepen students’ understanding of how habits affect society and our personal lives.
• A detailed teacher’s guide
Chunk the activities as your schedule permits!
**NOTE: In your download you will receive the student workbook with teacher's guide and a file with the link and code to access the animated videos on our learning management system.**
How I Decide is an educational nonprofit that helps kids become better decision makers.