Two products together for savings!
The comprehension pack will help your students strengthen their reading comprehension skills and have them focusing on identifying key story details, story elements, story sequence and the main idea of the story.
The book companion will give you activities to use around a Halloween theme....as well as a perfect segue into discussions about how to be a good friend !
Perfect for National Bully Prevention Month...which is in October!
- Lots of printables, activities and extensions for you to use with your class!!
- Vocabulary Work (6 printables)
- Main Idea and Details
- Problem and Solution
- What did you learn?
- LOADS OF CAUSE AND EFFECT...includes center activity sorting and matching cards for cause and effect and a printable to follow up with!
- Venn Diagram for comparing Oscar to the other dogs
- Beginning Middle and End Cut and Glue Printable
- Story Sentence Sequence activity with cut and paste
- Story Map
- Header Cards for your pocket chart or anchor chart
- 2 different making predictions printables
- Describe Oscar
- all materials in color and black and white (so you can save some ink!)
- 30 comprehension question cards in color
- 30 Comprehension question cards in color **numbered for self checking or teacher reference (perfect for a substitute who may not know the story)
- Answer Key *in color and black and white
- Game Board in color
- Spinner in color
- 30 Comprehension question cards in black and white
- Game Board in black and white
- Spinner in black and white
- Follow-Up Fun: describe Oscar printable
- Follow-up Fun: describe the "other dogs" printable
This set is great for...
- book discussions in a small group setting
- independent learning stations and literacy centers
- SLP reading activities: lots of WH questions in this set!
- guided reading
- SUB tub materials