The Hallowiener by Dav Pilkey is a cute Halloween book your students will surely love! The story features a lovable dachshund who is made fun of by others until he saves the day on Halloween! (This unit does not include the book, which may be purchased online or in stores.) The Hallowiener literature unit features follow-up activities targeting the following skills:
1. Sequencing and Retelling- Put pictures of story events in order and retell
2. Comprehension Questions with two picture choices
3. How Did They Feel- Listen to scenarios from the story and choose the correct emotion of the character
4. Oscar's Book Hunt- Find items in the book matching a given function or attribute
5. Correcting Absurdities- Repeat sentences and correct the absurdity, targeting listening comprehension
6. Analogies- Complete analogies related to the story
Not only will your students LOVE this fun Halloween story, they'll also have a great time with these follow-up activities!