These Halloween crafts, differentiated writing prompts, centers, and activities pair perfectly with The Hallo-Wiener written by Dav Pilkey. Your students will love working on essential writing skills, math concepts, display crafts, labeling, and more with this adorable resource!
Most of the activities can be used independently but pair perfectly with the book!
There is so much in this resource that it is difficult to explain it all!
You will find the following:
- Photo Instructions from my classroom
- Word Wall Cards in color (Perfect to introduce the story and for young writers to use as needed for reference!)
- Word Wall Cards in black & white
- Individual Books in color - Students add the word "is" and the type of costume to each page. (Students will use word wall cards for this.)
- Individual Books in black & white
- Class Book in color (Cover, Examples, & Blank Pages!)
- Class Book in black & white - Your students will love checking this out from your classroom library!
- Dog Labeling Sheet - (Examples and Practice)
- Hot Dog Writing Paper - Made to pair with any prompt
- Dogs for Display - Students can color the dog of their choice. Pair with one of the writing prompts provided for an adorable display.
- Differentiated Writing Pages - with or without dotted lines/ various prompts
- Display Writing Pages - Perfect for younger students!
- My Prediction Pages - Use before reading - Students predict what Oscar's mom will dress him as.
- Ghost Dogs Center Activity in color - Visual Discrimination Practice
- Ghost Dogs Center Activity in black & white
- Doggy Clip Cards in color - (Tally Mark Practice)
- Doggy Clip Cards in black & white
- Ladybug Ten Frame Game in color - Students will learn how 10 Frames help us quickly identify the number shown
- Ladybug Ten Frame Game in black & white
- Petal Count Center Activity in color (one-to-one correspondence)
- Petal Count Center Activity in black & white
- Build-a-Word Spinner Center Activity in color
- Build-a-Word Spinner Center Activity in black & white
- Real or Nonsense Word Spinner Activity in color
- Real or Nonsense Word Spinner Activity in black & white
- Shape Search Spinner Activity in color
- Shape Search Spinner Activity in black & white
Be sure to check out the thumbnails and preview to get an up-close look at the beautiful format and engaging activities included.
•To see photos from my classroom and read a blog post about another popular Halloween resource from my store, go here:
Pencils to Pigtails Blog - The 5 Little Pumpkins in our classroom!
Here is another popular resource!
Chocolate Chip Ghost - Retell, Simple STEM, Math, & More!
Try the folder games here!
Halloween File Folder Games on TPT
You can grab these fun play dough mats by clicking here:
Halloween Play Dough Mats - Homemade Recipe, Letter Formation, and Alphabet Recognition Practice
or try this product full of Halloween Writing Practice (part of my Interactive Writing Center on TPT)
Halloween Writing Practice - Cards, Letters, & More
Try these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
• Huge Seasonal Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails