The Hat by Jan Brett is a popular children's book that follows Hedgie and his adventures in a winter “hat!” This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. Hedgie’s Book Walk- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Analogies- Solve analogies related to the book
6. Spatial Concepts- Describe where Hedgie is in the given picture
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!