Also included in
- Teach the Black Lives Matter movement, engage students in social justice issues, and encourage collaboration through lit circles with this Black Lives Matter & Social Justice Lit Circle Bundle--online or in person! This literature circle includes material for teaching The Hate U Give by Angie Th$95.46$119.32Save $23.86
This engaging The Hate U Give Whole Unit Bundle is everything you need to teach Angie Thomas's important novel! Using the resources included in this bundle, students will discuss The Hate U Give, do focused writing, and participate like never before!
- You'll introduce The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas through a background-building slideshow. Students will take notes in their reading journals.
- As students read, they'll complete the other activities in their reading journals. These include responding to focused and standards-aligned writing prompts.
- You can monitor students' understanding through the reading questions (which also serve as a great place to start book discussions and reviews) and the included quizzes.
- The unit is designed around a summative discussion at the end. Although, you could easily turn these discussion questions into thematic essay questions and leave the discussion as a review or brainstorming activity.
- Compare and contrast the movie and book with the included film activity. This asks students to try and rationalize why filmmakers made the changes that they did.
- Engage students in thinking about The Hate U Give between lessons with the included quote posters!
This bundle gives you the tools and resources to make this unit your own, without having to start from scratch!
Every resource includes a printable and digital version (with the exception of the quote posters)!
- The Hate U Give Discussion Assignment
- The Hate U Give Reading Journal and Workbook
- The Hate U Give Introductory Slideshow
- The Hate U Give Reading Comprehension Worksheets
- The Hate U Give Quizzes
- The Hate U Give Quote Posters
- The Hate U Give Film Worksheet
- BONUS BUNDLE-ONLY MATERIAL: An editable letter that can be sent home prior to reading AND a list of helpful online videos for increased engagement or background building. These are only available by purchasing the bundle as a special thank you!
Please look at each of these resources individually prior to purchase. Each resource includes an extensive preview, and I want you to be sure that these products will work for you and your students prior to purchase!
Turn The Hate U Give into part of a literature circle with this Social Justice Literature Circle Bundle!
- 13th Documentary Worksheet
- Analysis Graphic Organizer for Social Justice Literature
- All American Boys Introductory Gallery Walk Activity
- Social Justice Leaflet Mini-Research Project.
***This resource consists of NON-EDITABLE PDF and Google files within a Google Folder. In order to access your purchase, you will need to give Teachers Pay Teachers access to your Google Drive. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure these resources support your and your students' needs. The whole of each resource, with the exception of any answer keys, is included in the preview--please look at each product to make sure you'll be happy with your purchase.
AFTER PURCHASING: Download each resource from its individual sales page to get access. Downloading your "bundle" from this page will only give you access to resources not stored on Google.