For the novel The Help by Kathryn Stockett, this document can act as a daily reading analysis for chapters, guided reading assignments, or even homework. The document has 30 assignments - one for approximately each chapter of the book for a total of 87 pages including an answer key.
For each assignment, students answer about 7 questions on a variety of skills such as...
• Identifying main idea and support using details from the text
• Identifying and analyzing parts of plot – how elements of a story interact
• Identify conflict and types of conflict
• Analyze how conflict affects characters and creates suspense
• Analyze character and make inferences about character motivation
• Identify and analyze symbols for their deeper meaning
• Analyze tone and author's purpose
• Identify themes of the text and explain the lesson learned
• Analyze the effectiveness of flashbacks and foreshadowing
The assignments can be used for class analysis or for homework. Students must also identify an example of figurative language and draw the visualization. The end of each chapter leaves room for a mini-reading quiz for students to make sure they are reading.
The first page is a homework/classwork responsibility sheet. For each assignment the student turns in, completed, and on time, they receive a stamp. Incomplete homework receives an X and stamp, and missed homework results in an X. Students love a fully stamped homework sheet!
Also included is an answer key! The key provides answers to the questions but not all questions fit into just one answer! Use at your discretion. There are simple comprehension quiz questions with answers in the key as well. The document is in Word to allow for modifications for your individual needs.
If you like this product, check out the same one for the novel Wonder, Esperanza Rising, The Outsiders and more!