Please be aware, you will need a Google Drive to have your students fully access this file. The second slide also contains a Padlet response, which you will need to set up in link in order for students to respond to that particular slide.
This digital resource for the Hero’s Journey is meant to be used with a student's Google account. You can add this file to Google Classroom or simply share it with students. When you download this file, it will provide you with a link to a Google Slides presentation. You will need to make a copy of it to add it to your own Google Drive.
This is a lesson I teach in my own classroom and it includes both individual and pair/small group (2-3 students) strategies. Students can work their way through each activity. Within this resource there are links to various places around the web that students will visit to read, watch, or interact with information about the Hero’s Journey. This file contains a link to a YouTube video so please ensure that you have access to YouTube at your school before purchasing this file.
The Hero's Journey HyperDoc (depending on how you teach it will take anywhere from 3-4 days to a week + with final assessment presentations).
There are several activities for students to complete with this resource such as:
• Responding to a Padlet for whole class engagement.
• Watching various videos (both TED-Ed and YouTube) to gain background information on the Hero’s Journey.
• A quizlet game to test student knowledge of the terms covered in the videos.
• A chart within they HyperDoc to check for student understanding.
• Student choice through analyzing movies that they have already seen.
• Student choice through reading and analyzing one of four short stories (slide can be jigsawed if time allows)
• Final assessment project (creation of a children’s book, comic strip, or original piece of artwork) -- no rubric included